- We live in a small community on the shores of Puget Sound in Washington State called Port Ludlow.
- Our home is situated on a cul-de-sac that overlooks the Port Ludlow Golf Course and has a wonderful view of the northeastern reaches of the Olympic Mountains
- We are both native Washingtonians. Elaine growing up in the mill town of Longview, while Mike was raised in Port Townsend.
- Elaine’s career was as a medical lab technician and blood bank manager. Her final ten years was as a supervisor of a blood donation operation. Elaine has degrees as a medical lab technologist and in business administration.
- Mike spent his career as a teacher in the Chimacum School District. He worked continuously there for 40 years. Mike’s degrees are in elementary education and public school administration.
- We are blessed to have 5 wonderful children and 6 growing grandchildren. They are located as close as Port Townsend, and as far away as Sterling, Virginia and Fort Worth, Texas.
- We both retired at the very same time in June of 2017.
- We enjoy mountaineering, backpacking, day hiking, snow-shoeing, cross-country skiing, and playing golf.
- We love to travel, taste wines, and spend time with our kids and grandchildren.
- Elaine is a very talented cook. She makes food preparation look easy and it always turns out delicious, whatever she makes.
- She is also an outstanding knitter. She has completed many beautiful and useful projects.
- Elaine also spends a significant amount of time researching our families using several genealogical sites.
- Mike likes to take care of the yard, the gardens, and the technology.